16 January 2010

7 things you didn't know about me...

The lovely Michaela of Where has the wind taken you has nominated little o' me for the Kreative Blogger Award. Chuffed! Thanks!

I have to write 7 things about me and nominate 7 other bloggers.

Initially I thought I would just write some light hearted stuff, like my favourite colour is... , actually that would be a hard one since I don't have one, but you get my drift.

However, Michaela's was so insightful and frank, and I enjoyed reading her post so much, that I thought I ought to be a little less superficial than initially thought.

So here it goes... without getting too deep...

1. I am impatient and a perfectionist, now I don't know how these two work together! They kinda contradict each other... (hopefully that makes me efficient! ha) All I know is if I'm doing a messy job, I am too impatient to go and change into some work clothes, but the end result has to be spotless.

2. I was (and still am in many ways) a tomboy. I spent my childhood climbing trees and building tree houses, playing with my cousins (boys), running through fields, making things... I always found it *much* easier to make friends with boys than girls. In the past decade, I have become a bit more feminine, and find female company a great comfort - but I still like a night out with the boys!



3. Probably because I was a typical tomboy, I've always loved sports and the outdoors. Even now, as I have entered my thirties, I still love going rock climbing, potholing, diving, walking, mountaineering, snowboarding... you know, adventures, challenges... My partner and I met over 10 years ago through these, it's a big part of our lives (even though finding the time seems to get trickier by the year).



4. I love the British sense of humor, I love sarcasm. You have to be thick skinned to take it...

5. I have a very bad memory. It's handy for the bad stuff, but it can be embarrassing, borderline unromantic at times! eek

6. I am not a religious person. I won't expand on this too much, dodgy grounds, but I do value open-mindedness and tolerance.



7. I love my dog Jack, and my soul mate Ade. They are more important to me than they will ever know.



Phew, I got there in the end, Hope you're still with me!

I'd like to pass this award on to the following lovely bloggers:

- Au Coeur d'Artycho
- Dottie Angel
- Enhabiten
- La Pomme
- Lindsay Road
- Made by Petchy
- Pennycones
- Tree Fall

3 comments:

pennycones said...

Thank you so much for passing this on to me :)

I love your list. I have always had the tomboy in me except I'm rubbish at sports! And as for no.5, I'm with you all the way on that one for sure. Hahaha

x

artycho said...

Merci d'avoir pense a moi Annabelle! Sympa de'en conaitre un peu plus...je me retrouve aussi bien dans ton portrait express et j'adhere aussi a l'humour anglais!

Michaela Dawn:Windy Woman said...

How refreshing, you have so much energy and I adore the efficient aspect of your persona... along with a lot more about you too... I'm just slowly getting through your journal and I very much appreciate all I read, it is fun, it is light and quite substantial!

Thanks for this world lovely!

M