The lovely Michaela of Where has the wind taken you has nominated little o' me for the Kreative Blogger Award. Chuffed! Thanks!
I have to write 7 things about me and nominate 7 other bloggers.
Initially I thought I would just write some light hearted stuff, like my favourite colour is... , actually that would be a hard one since I don't have one, but you get my drift.
However, Michaela's was so insightful and frank, and I enjoyed reading her post so much, that I thought I ought to be a little less superficial than initially thought.
So here it goes... without getting too deep...
1. I am impatient and a perfectionist, now I don't know how these two work together! They kinda contradict each other... (hopefully that makes me efficient! ha) All I know is if I'm doing a messy job, I am too impatient to go and change into some work clothes, but the end result has to be spotless.
2. I was (and still am in many ways) a tomboy. I spent my childhood climbing trees and building tree houses, playing with my cousins (boys), running through fields, making things... I always found it *much* easier to make friends with boys than girls. In the past decade, I have become a bit more feminine, and find female company a great comfort - but I still like a night out with the boys!
3. Probably because I was a typical tomboy, I've always loved sports and the outdoors. Even now, as I have entered my thirties, I still love going rock climbing, potholing, diving, walking, mountaineering, snowboarding... you know, adventures, challenges... My partner and I met over 10 years ago through these, it's a big part of our lives (even though finding the time seems to get trickier by the year).
4. I love the British sense of humor, I love sarcasm. You have to be thick skinned to take it...
5. I have a very bad memory. It's handy for the bad stuff, but it can be embarrassing, borderline unromantic at times! eek
6. I am not a religious person. I won't expand on this too much, dodgy grounds, but I do value open-mindedness and tolerance.
7. I love my dog Jack, and my soul mate Ade. They are more important to me than they will ever know.
Phew, I got there in the end, Hope you're still with me!
I'd like to pass this award on to the following lovely bloggers:
- Au Coeur d'Artycho
- Dottie Angel
- La Pomme
- Lindsay Road
- Made by Petchy
- Tree Fall