27 February 2010

Wonderland

From gypsy punk music to flowers... (!)
The first flower on our camellia has finally peaked out of its cocoon, a sign of good things to come I reckon.

Camelia

We went for a little explore around the countryside yesterday. Ade wanted to go and find a cave entrance where he had dived many years ago (we both go potholing, have been for years, although I dive a little I haven't quite mixed the two up like he has).

Snowdrops


The walk took us through a cosy valley and woodland with little armies of snowdrops. I love finding clearings carpeted in snowdrops or bluebells, it's like entering a secret world of pixies and fairies. Plus I was happy as Larry with my new messenger bag! That in itself was enough to send me hoping around like Alice in Wonderland. I don't go for walks with a bag normally but I had to show it off (Shevie, you know what I'm taking about, right? that bag is just gorgeous!)


Talking about Alice in Wonderland... I can't wait to see Tim Burton's adaptation. Anything with Johnny Depp is a must see as far as I'm concerned! With the added bonus of being filmed in Devon and Cornwall too.

7 comments:

shevie said...

...ha,glad you love your new Cath,I knew you would-we went to our delightful little St Ives branch yesterday-on business!me & my mama are opening our very little vintage shop in at Easter & I decided we MUST have a some Cath wallpaper-just 2 rolls-to make it look pretty! Wow there was so much loveliness in there...Lovely flower photos,I love Spring!x

Annabelle said...

Fantastic news about your new shop!! Where is it? I'll be sure to visit when I come down your way next! Make sure you give us all the details!

It will be a good excuse to visit the CK shop in St Ives as well which I haven't seen yet. Which wallpaper did you get? love Chintz.
x

Annabelle said...

* looking sheepishly at the logo on the right --> which says "I took the handmade pledge" * just couldn't resist it (the bag) * sorry * will do better next time ;)

shevie said...

haha Annabelle-it was handmade,by someone...but we best not open that particular can of worms!
Yes,very excited too-been too tired to blog all week,may give it a go later! Shop will be in Marazion,so not far from home...I was very amused in Cath to see a new print which features English landmarks & includes St Michaels Mount..!Love chintz,but actually went for the sweet circus print with trapeze artists etc-opening Easter-hopefully!Was the bag in the sale?!

Annabelle said...

Fab, just a hop across for you (no escaping that crossing on stormy days though!)
Good choice, can't wait to see it in your shop. I'll look out for that new print, curious now, but couldn't see it at 1st glance. I love some of the digital wallpaper too, but HOW MUCH!!
*grin* yes got it in the sale. It's worth its full price.

pennycones said...

Gosh, potholing scares me to death. I really couldn't do it and it always fascinates me how people can do it for fun! I'm just a big wuss who even had a panic attack going down a waterslide. I won't talk about that too much. Ahem..

I never knew the the film had some filming in your part of the country? Woo. I'm so excited to see it. The trailers are amazing.

I'm having a little competition right now if you fancy popping over to take a peep :)

x

pennycones said...

I just left a comment for you on my blog :)

Please come and join the trade!


x