16 February 2010

Weekend frolics

Weekend thrifty finds

I went on a search for a crochet hook this weekend, after three car booties and three charity shops, it seems they are not that easy to find, second hand anyway. One of the lovely old ladies in one of my local charity shops sweetly offered hers. After I protested I surely couldn't have hers, she said quite adamantly "come back next week". :)

I just can't wait to get started. I hope I get the stitches worked out quickly so I can try my hand at some tutorials I've spotted on Yvestown, and the Royal Sisters.

I didn't come back empty handed from my 'rummagings', oh no! I found some old knitting needles. I can't knit but couldn't resist them. I tried... or rather my grandma tried teaching me when I was about 10, but she gave up on me! That tells me one of two things, either my grandma was as impatient as me, or I was unteachable.
I also found some cotton yarn in preparation, some old thread, some frames (collecting them to make a little art wall), fabric, plate, jug... It's amazing how much you can buy with £10!

* Update *
I HAVE HOOKS!!! not one but three!
Adrian's lovely mum (yes I have a lovely 'mum-in-law') sent them in the post. What a gem! :D

2 comments:

Crochet with Raymond said...

Good luck with the crochet! I clicked on your crochet category and there are only two posts... how is it all going? I admit, I have a fetish for crochet... it's what I always look for in a blog ;)

Annabelle said...

Ah hmmm... yes... I haven't got very far with it, time got in the way. I still really want to get to grips with it. Thank you for reminding me about it, next time I'm in front of the TV I shall pick it up again :) (once I've found the tutorials again to get me started!)