23 March 2010

Cake stands, dramas and clogs...

As I did my little trip to the Post Office yesterday, how rude, I thought, would it be not to pop into at least one of the charity shops nearby.
I am so glad I did for I found this little gem of a cake stand. While other items on the shelves were pleading for me to take them home, this one shouted loudest.

cake stand...

I love going to those little shops. There is always some kind of drama going on, and plenty of gossiping. The sarcastic in me love it even more when the lovely old ladies working as volunteers, are actually less than charitable. Well who wants to live in a perfect world, it would be boring wouldn't it? It would make random acts of kindness rather plain.

tulips...

I had my own bit of drama in the last couple of days, when I realised I put the wrong fuel in our car and drove off unaware. I cried in anger... how could I be so stupid? I've killed it!
Ah la la...
(*whisper * I cry a lot but not normally for something I have done, in this case I was hanging my head in shame because *whisper even more* it's the second time I have done this).

Adrian, bless him, it's in times like this I know he is the only one for me, comforted me saying it can happen to anyone (sure, but not twice!), and bought me these tulips to cheer me up.

tulips...

First thing yesterday the car got towed to our trusty garage. It seems I got away with it... ouf! (Ade reckons it runs even better now ;)

On a different subject, I had another request following the makeup brush roll, a matching make up bag...

A little customer order...

And these little rays of sunshine arrived a few days ago. They haven't left my feet since.
They are made in the basement of this little shoe shop in Scarborough in the UK, by all accounts, using all Swedish materials.

clogs...

I just need to make some summer dresses and skirts now and all will be just perfect!

9 comments:

tree shadow moon said...

Love your cake stand! I've got a cup and saucer just like that, and have been longing to find a similar cake stand (swoon!).
I really like your fresh, bright blog - and I'm glad that your car made a good recovery!
N.

FairlyGirly said...

You've reminded me of the red clogs I had as a little girl, I loved them so much too!

shevie said...

oh now you've done it....those clogs,all of them,so many colours.......I think the sandal ones in red have my name on them,they wouldn't abandon my feet mid road!
I had a little drama today-shut my thumb in my mamas car door-ouch!Lots of tears,especially when Mr M came to drive me home-they are lovely-sometimes!!x

Annabelle said...

Thanks tree shadow moon! hope you find one too :)

FairlyGirly - I never had any as a child but if I did they would have been my bestest shoes!

Haha Shevie, go on, you know you want to! ;)
Oh I know how much that hurts, I've done it too. I discovered that day that I go completely silent when in agony, I fainted instead... silly. Hope your thumb's okay now. (I won't go into the cringy details of how mine turned out, but it involved spending nights with it in a bowl of cold water and eventually A&E... eek!)

Celine said...

trop joli le cake stand. Tress Dottie Angel la photo!

Concha said...

Oh I love your clogs! So funny because I've been searching for them on google for a week now... I really like your choice! Are they comfortable?

Annabelle said...

Merci Celine! (j'me demande comment on appelle un cake stand en fran├žais maintenant... hmmm...)

Thanks Concha! Yes, they are *really* comfortable, a snug fit and the sole is perfectly shaped for me, it has a little hollow for your big toe.
Their color on my photo isn't quite right, they not as red. This one is better color-wise: http://www.flickr.com/photos/threeredapples/4445209747/
The only down side with them is the finish could be a little better, the middle part of the sole for eg isn't a smooth finish, it's rough cut, but that's reflected by the price I think. :)

xx

icklebabe_com said...

Oh loving this post!
I am a big fan of charity shops too, full of history and brilliant finds. As well as the odd lovely old nutter behind the till, the little old lady in our one says "it doesn't pay to be mad to work here but it helps"...
which was quite funny the first time she said it but she says it every time we go in!
Had to stop my 10year old from saying it too loudly under his breath as she said it the other day :D
Brilliant colourful place full of slightly mad folk just like me ;D x

Annabelle said...

haha love it! imagine how it must drive the others crazy! These shops are full of characters I tell ya!
I'm feeling signs of withdrawal just talking about it. Might have to go again tomorrow...

Thanks for stopping by! :D

xx