09 April 2010

Head in the clouds...

We had the most amazing evening yesterday with, literally, our heads in the clouds.

head in the clouds...

Almost two years ago, Ade bought hot air balloon flights for my 30th. We are not the most organised of people, and there were *valid* excuses, like the weather, Ade's difficult work pattern, hmm, the weather, answer machines, memory loss...
The vouchers quickly turned into my 31st birthday present (cunning!), and as my 32nd is approaching, they were in danger of running out of patience with us.

head in the clouds...

After a few attempts aborted due to weather (on-a-mission talk here), we had an unexpected call to ask if we could make it the following day. Hell yeah! Ade was flying but could make it as long as there were no delays.
I spent most of the day checking his departures and arrivals times, and making contingency plans. There was also confusion on my side with UTC, zulu, and whatsmacallit times, a little stress to do with posting an urgent package, excitement levels at their max...

head in the clouds...

The flight was with three other couples, one of which only just made it. They hadn't changed their watches since the clocks changed. There was some head shaking and eyes rolling. Especially from one older guy who seems positively beaming in other people's failures, haha!

head in the clouds...

I'm so glad we saved it until now. Nothing better than doing something like that when you are skint and there is no way you could have done it otherwise.

head in the clouds...

The flight was amazing. So relaxing. Quiet. Beautiful views.

Perfect day!

8 comments:

dots and spots said...

You lucky thing - am very, very jealous. Think I have 10 years to wait, until I get the chance. It will then be our 25th wedding anniversary, my 50th, daughter's 21st & son's 18th and hubby? well he can pay for it - he'll have 10 years to save up!!

Annabelle said...

10 years!! No, no, don't wait that long! sell everything on ebay, car boots, save on groceries, beg... whatever it takes to do it sooner :D

icklebabe_com said...

WOW! that looks amazing! always wanted to give it ago...
One question tho.. I get a bit air sick on a plane...do u get that in a balloon? ...apologies if this is a bit of a **blonde moment** type question..but I was just a wondering:D x

Annabelle said...

OMG ickle 4:39am! that's a very early morning!
huh I don't know... but I wouldn't have thought so, there is no movement since the balloon moves with the wind so you should be just fine! No turbulence or anything like that...
*whispers go for it* ;)
x

Maisey's Attic said...

Hi - just found your lovely blog - fantastic photos and shop - xxx

Annabelle said...

Thank you Maisey! :)))
and thanks for stopping by and saying hi xx

Concha said...

Wow! What an experience!

My girlfriends offered me a hot balloon trip as a hen's night... it was more like a hen's dawn! I loved it and I'll never forget that morning!

Annabelle said...

Fantastic, a dawn flight must very special indeed! (if only I could get my head off the pillow early enough ;)
what a great hen gift from your girlfriends.