25 May 2010

Sunny days and DYI don't mix

... that said I have been very busy setting up my new studio, mon p'tit atelier. Wallpaper stripping, filling the walls (filler is my new best friend :), painting, more painting, cleaning, moving all my stuff... you get the idea! I'm getting there but in the meantime it is making things difficult to get online, visit my usual daily reads and do some sewing.

I also spent many hours scouring for wallpaper, oh the agony of making that final choice! It was almost as hard a decision as Ade deciding on his new climbing boots! (just as well our lives are not too complicated haha!). I was looking for vintage wallpaper, I found a few sites online but the goods came after a little help from Twitter friend Kristy over at Vintage Pleasure. She put me onto FunkyWalls, go and have a look you'll understand why I spent hours looking! If you are into vintage stuff that is.

A choice was made (!), emails exchanged and the wallpaper sent on Saturday. I am REALLY hoping it will get here tomorrow, the wait is killing me!

I hope wallpaper laying comes naturally to me... Photos to come once the work is done but in the meantime here is a little montage of the room empty...



On another note, I added this cushion to my lil' Etsy shop shelves...

Made a cushion...

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I can't wait to see the paper up!