12 May 2010

They're here, they're here!!

these two Singer sewing machines make...

these two Singer sewing machines make...

There's been some skiving 'round here...! I thought it was high time I showed them to you!

Aren't they gorgeous?!

Both were found in France, one is French and one is Scottish.

The smaller one is the Scottish lass, she's a 221K Featherweight model. Thanks to Singer's website, I have been able to find out her date of birth, 21st September 1948, Kilbowie, Clydebank.

I haven't worked out the model of the bigger and MUCH heavier one, but I know she was made in the Singer Bonnière factory in France. They started making them there from 1935. Who knows how old my old French lady is, I am sure she has many stories to tell... I love that she has has a little patriotic ribbon for the key!

these two Singer sewing machines make...

Both were given to me by my sister. What a gem...

I have been busy looking for some attachments for them, and some narrower bobbins for the small one. They both seem to work well.
I can't wait to use them properly! Patience, patience... I need to set up my new studio in our spare bedroom first...

x

1 comment:

Concha said...

A Featherweight, wow! You're a very lucky girl!!