24 June 2010

Studio progress...

There has been some shuffling in the studio!
Oh yes! *rubbing hands in excitement*

Shelves!
We have shelves!

They still smell of fresh paint... (actually no, that's not pleasant, the excitement got the better of me there...)

studio progress...

I love the curves of the brackets.
I found them in my local antique shop in need of some loving care. They had probably been there for years. They are enameled cast iron sink brackets.
The top ones are my favourites. I was so excited when, peeling off the old paint covering them, I found a 'made in Scotland' mark.

studio progress...

The shelves were a good excuse to do a little woodwork outside in the sunshine.

Did I ever tell you that when I was floating between my old job and starting up Three Red Apples, I was looking into traditional boat building courses? I went to visit one of the few schools in the UK which happens to be not far from here. Their workshops were amazing (right on the sea front), the smell was amazing, and the people so friendly...
I couldn't afford the fees in the end, which is just as well because I would never have met you all! I also looked into building wooden playhouses... but I decided it would be much easier to start with what I had, a big pile of fabrics and the sewing machine Ade had bought me as a Christmas present.

studio progress...

Now the last important bit for my studio to be fully operational, you know, so I can get into a prolific state :), is a cabinet for storing my fabrics. And last night, the shelves of ebay delivered!! It was a very long seven days wait, but it seems I was the only one who wanted it. I feel like the cat who got the cream, with a big white grin, might even have reached the end of my nose...

Can't wait to go and collect it...
There will be more sanding, priming, painting, and maybe even some gluing. You will be the first to see it!

x

13 comments:

CeeGee Jewellery Design said...

They look fantastic - will you come and give my workshop a facelift Annabelle?! Or even just finish off the insulation....

CeeGee Jewellery Design said...

They look fantastic - will you come and give my workshop a facelift Annabelle?! Or even just finish off the insulation....

Mary said...

I love shelves or any type of awesome storage :) Did you get your vintage cabinet from Ebay?! I really like those cast iron the brackets too. Traditional boat making would be fascinating to watch (I'm really not crafty, so I do best as an onlooker!) :) xx

mo + me said...

The shelves/brackets are fab and I'm absolutely in love with yur 2 CV pillow! :-) Jo

Annabelle said...

Carolyn, haha I wish I could! no insulation? brrrrr... must have been a very cold winter! and now you must be boiling hot in there, especially making your beads! Must say this studio set up is taking over everything. I'm looking forward to making again!

Thanks Mary, yes I found my cabinet on ebay. I collected it last night :) and am now busy stripping and sanding! It's going to take a lot of work...

Thanks Jo! :)

x

follyandglee said...

old sink brackets eh? love them.

travelingmama said...

I just came across your blog via flickr and I just adore your studio and your lovely work! I'm so happy to have come across your photos!

Best wishes from Denmark!
(www.travelingmama.net)

Annabelle said...

Thanks Folly, good eh? Cistern brackets would work well too...

Thanks Travelingmama! and thanks for dropping by! :)

Lola Nova said...

It is just beautiful and what pretty light! Well done you.

Annabelle said...

Thanks Lola, the light in this room always surprises me. It's not even quite East facing but still always gets a good light...

So Chic Decor said...

I love the shelves! They look wonderful and everything looks so nicely organized! Great job!

Annabelle said...

Thanks Holly, and good luck with So Chic Decor!

Holly Rose said...

Love your stuff! Fantastic!