08 October 2010

Little things that make me happy...

latest finds...

A few finds from my latest hauls...

Vintage pyrex, soup bowls and saucers, German enamel jug, knitting bag, lampshade (for my studio), and some lovely fabric and doilies.

Love them all :)

(The soup bowls in fact came from Adrian's mum's clear out. I couldn't pass them by obviously.)

vintage knitting needle addict...

My collection of knitting needles is also growing nicely!

I had a lovely chat with the ladies in the charity shop where I bought the last ones.
Oh I do like a good old chat with them. Although I fear they may have thought I was a bit of an odd ball for buying 10 (!) pairs of knitting needles, after finding out that I can't actually knit...

Not to worry, I can think of worst things to collect.

x

11 comments:

shumaila said...

I always dream to have TONS of vintage knitting needles whenever I see them around on blog-land. Not sure when this crazy dream of mine will be fulfilled! Love your new LOVELY pairs of needles. And I can very well understand your urge to collect them even you can't knit!

Michaela Dawn said...

Well, these made me smile to:)
and thus made me happy, tehee:P

Anonymous said...

I think your vintage finds are lovely.I found a beautifully illustrated 1950's childrens book last week and you just leave the shop with a big smile on your face. Thankyou for your inspirational blog. from Lisa

Lola Nova said...

Ooh, what lovely happy finds! I love vintage knitting needles too, and do not knit.

VintagePleasure said...

I picked up a boxed set of those soup bowls and saucers the other week.They are in my 'to photograph' pile ;)
Love the bag!

ale said...

hola! l find you just now from flickr!!!anl say...she must have a bloggg!! and l find you!! lovely is a small word to say how much l love your handmades with lot of soul and beautifullll!!! bye bye!!!!!!!and bewsos from buenos aires!
can l put your blog in mylist of blogs that inspires me??? besos!! ale

Annabelle said...

Thank you my lovelies!!
I knew you would understand :))

Kristy - I'd love to see your 'pile' :) Funny how some vintage items keep popping up... the other day I found someone with a whole tea set of the same design I picked up.

Ale - Hola! Haha of course you can my dear! besos de Inglaterra

dotpebbles said...

Love those needles - you simply must teach yourself to knit - no excuse (to begin with why not try my free knitted bird pattern from my blog!) Mind you though they do look perfectly sculptural just as they are!

Love your blog.
Claire

vicky said...

what lovely things you do! wonderful:)

Lynn said...

Annabelle,

I LOVE your happy nest creations! so pretty. I was inspired to write a post on my new little blog about amazing embroidery and included a few pics of yours too.

http://www.heartedgirl.com/2010/10/neighborly-admirations.html

Hope it meets your approval.

xo,
Lynn

Mimi said...

I don't know how manny knitting needels i have, but i can't knit either ;-)