23 November 2010

Little things that make me happy...

Tin-tastic (!)

This one really got my little heart going when I spotted it...!

I have been on the look out for tins forever, eying up other people's and developing 'tinsilitis', bad case of tin envy (while I'm on the bad play on words subject, can I just slip 'tintastic' in the mix? Ta very much). My luck finally turned yesterday. It was well hidden in the toys section in the charity shop, filled to the rim with marbles. So not only it's the prettiest vintage biscuit tin, but its treasure will also make my nephews happy.

I couldn't quite contain myself when I showed it to Ade, and even his "yes... another box..." comment couldn't dampen my spirits.

I finally have a good'un to keep company to my other lovely tin which my dad gave me, the chicorée 'l'Alsacienne' tin. Love it too.

On my fabric cabinet...

They've both taken pride of place on my fabric cabinet.

See that fabby apron by the lovely Rachelle at Ted and Agnes?! *swoon*

Happy days!
x

PS: of course the search doesn't stop there ;)

7 comments:

Absolutely white said...

simply...BEAUTIFUL tin!

Caroline said...

Loving the tin, but I would die for that fabric cabinet.

Heather said...

Oooh, Annabelle, I'm having a case of tin-envy! That is the sweetest little biscuit tin. And...I have a mate to your chicoree tin! It's a pasta tin, though, in the most perfect minty green, with an equally fabulous vintage lady on the front. Ahhh, tin love....

Hoola Tallulah said...

I love the tin too, and your craft room makes me weep with envy, it is so so fresh and inspiring!

Kristy said...

I have a bit of thing for tins too. Not sure why but they just make me smile.

delight said...

I love the colors of the tin!!! It is gorgeous. I have a sewing machine like your's too...only it's in kind of a mint green, made in the UK back during the war years. I love it!! Inspiring post...!

MONPTI by Wesna said...

how beautiful everything is here!!!wow!!!cheers from berlin!