18 November 2010

On the hills...

Most of the time, I just have to have lots of colour around me, a white base with a mix of bright and faded colours (hmmm... except terracotta and lilac, not my cup of tea!). And then once in a while, I get in an all white and natural mood. That's why I love this shop Baileys so much. Although I couldn't live in a 'Baileys' ' type house because colour would creep in eventually, it really appeals.

I was in this kind of mood when I got working on this canvas.

In the hills...

Although, you see what I mean about colour creeping back in :)

Devon, where I live, is full of these cute valleys with perfectly round hills. This is exactly the kind of spot I dream of for my gypsy caravan, in a meadow overlooking the hills. Sigh...



The design for the caravan (or 'roulotte', it sounds even better in French), came about after my friend Alex suggested I make some hoops to display in his yurts and (soon to be) gypsy caravans. A match made in heaven I say, since I am already slightly obsessed with all things gypsy, it's right up my street!

This is all quite exciting for me, because lately I have been thinking, maybe, it's time I found places to sell my work. I am quite indecisive on the subject, probably over protective, but Alex's yurts and caravans (Wild in Style) are just the perfect place for my little hoops.

4 comments:

Moogie said...

What a lovely and creative way to use lace!

meisje van vervlogen dagen said...

Love your work anyway! I love these natural-looking homes, but here too, colour pops in everytime again!

Hoola Tallulah said...

Oh me oh my, I have fallen completely head over heels in blog love, you rock so hard, I LOVE your beautiful fabric applique collages and your home is to die for. I will most certainly be back to see what loveliness you continue to post here, so inspiring!

Annabelle said...

Thanks very much my lovelies!

Hoola Tallulah, hehe your post made me laugh! thanks! I try my best :)