22 February 2011

Spruced up

I seem to be constantly behind lately, so flipping annoying! I'm sure you know the feeling... Sod it, I say, time to make something for myself.

Months ago, I had a cushions clear out, thinking I'd make some new ones. After putting together a little yummy colour palette, I finally made a couple. About time too! (I had more than a couple in mind, but yeah... you've got it... :).

new cushions...

I got distracted by some lovely new vintage fabric I found recently. I was very good and only sneaked in a little yellow, well, and a little green... Frankly, I'm amazed the colour palette didn't go out of the window completely.

How I LOVE colour... (almost) all colours. If someone asked me which is my favourite, I would really struggle to answer. (But then I struggle to answer these kind of questions in general - must be the gemini in me.)

cosy corner...

My lil' branch of glee got a wee makeover too. Normally once Christmas is over, I'm quite happy to put the decorations away - love that feeling of new found space again, but this year I kept the branch of glee minus any obvious Christmasy bits, until now.

'springy-fied' tree of happy...

A little 'springy-fied' tree of happy with crocheted 'moss' :)

'springy-fied' tree of happy...

I'm loving reading all your answers to my giveaway!! Thank you so much for sharing your tales of playful mischief!

There is still time to enter if you haven't yet, especially as *someone* has been skiving his draw rehearsals... Caught in the act. Might have to resort to plan B. :)

gotcha!

Annabelle x

21 comments:

Clara said...

Simply lovely.

kirsty said...

gorgeous!

x

ted and agnes said...

Looking good my lovely esp the tree of happy Rx

Moobaacluck said...

What a gorgeous gorgeous rooom - truly lovely. Oh how I want some time to clean and tidy - yes really!!! x Gabs

suburbansider said...

really love your cushions - the colours are beautiful and I love the mixture of fabrics you have chosen - gorgeous!!

VintagePleasure said...

Looks lovely. What a handsome pup!

andrea creates said...

great colors!
i can never answer the what's your favorite color question either- i have favorite color combos instead :)

Little Green Doll said...

Beautiful! I love how your branch of glee looks! :)

kirsty said...

What a beautiful room! And I'm loving your branch of glee!

Rhythm of the Seasons said...

Just wanted to pop in to say I'm still lovin your work!!!! Really lovely stuff. Best of luck with it all.

pangaloon said...

Goodness, I do love your blog. Such beautiful work on the pillows. I am now inspired to make my own. Jo x

lucy said...

I love how bright and lively it looks. So very spring!
Enjoy.

Michelle said...

What a gorgeous room you have...
Your cushions look just lovely too...

Annabelle said...

Thanks so much for all your comments my lovelies!! You all put a big smile on my face :))
Annabelle x

hermionerose said...

Wow, so fresh and yummy colours! Really inspiring for when I get my dream cottage! x

Kitten's Lost Her Mittens said...

Your cushions look great! Also, I LOVE your dog! He's so handsome. What kind is he?

Annabelle said...

Thanks Katherine!
He is a cute dog :) He was a rescued dog so we're not 100% sure what he is crossed with, but most likely a collie cross german shepherd.
x

Fancy Vintage said...

So loving your blog, just discovered it! and so loving your cushions, beautiful! Am now a follower.

Annabelle said...

Thanks very much Fancy Vintage :)) Lovely to have you here! x

Victoria said...

Beautiful cushions and cosy corner. I have my paper snowflakes still hanging around from Christmas too.

Wesna Wilson Design said...

most beautiful place!