23 March 2011

The treehouse

This when I go "tada..."

The treehouse...

Here's the "little something" I mentioned last week. My little treehouse (also known as the gardener and owl).

Detail

A mix of freehand embroidery, appliqué and paint.
For all those summers spent (more or less successfully) hacking plans to make a treehouse.

Detail

I don't know about you, but I'm still struggling a little with the content of the news. I guess we all deal with it in our own different ways. Quite interesting how we do...

I've been covered in white paint for the last four days, busy painting our bedroom after Ade decided to do a spot of plaster work. Of course there's no such thing as a spot of DIY :)
The room is looking lovely and bright, with the sunshine streaming through the window. A good excuse to make new curtains in some of my favourite vintage fabric. I've pegged three of them to the existing curtains (which I now look at with a 'what was I thinking' face ;). I, and surprisingly Ade, love them all. I may have to combine them somehow.
I also have turquoise painted furniture on my mind, but shh... I haven't told him yet. Like I didn't tell him I was going to paint the fire surround. Well... :)

Happy finds

I leave you with more happy finds from my favourite charity shop.

Annabelle x

5 comments:

Heather said...

I love this little guy! You did a marvelous job. And it looks like you had a ball making it, too ;) And about the turquoise painted furniture...I've been having similar thoughts. I say do it...while he's not home. And then pretend like nothing's happened, and that the furniture's always looked that way. It might work.

Ionwen Charlesworth... said...

Beautiful piccy. Oooh what fun making n creating it. Loves Ionwen XXX

Little Green Doll said...

Wow! Wonderful! I love how it looks with the mix of techniques :)

Website Design said...

nice Design

potterjotter said...

Its lovely - I especially like the little red apples with the flowers on them. Good finds from the Charity shop too!