16 April 2011

Il jouait du piano debout...

He played piano standing...

An 80s song just popped back into my head. Funny...

That was me last night, rock n' roll, only with my sewing machine, and some loud music (although not French 80s on a cassette tape player). There was some dodgy dancing (I swear my dancing is morphing into my Mum's dancing, every year it gets worst).
Glad no one saw :)

More experiments...

I thought I'd try a different sewing set up to ease things on my back. I balanced my machine on a pile of boxes (a common 'technique' at the moment, also used for makeshift tripods). It's really dynamic and you can do a little more than bum shuffling (although proven not to be always a good thing). The result took me a little by surprise.

I'd like my sewing machine almost chest height on an old school desk, you know the type, the ones at an angle like music stands, so my back isn't all hunched up and I can see the needle better. In fact, I'd like it to be sunk in too, to make a bigger flat work area...

Time needed for some building and studio reshuffling please? hmm... this may have to wait a wee while.

Annabelle x

6 comments:

Vic said...

This is just... amazing... Wow.

I wonder why sewing desks, or desks in general, aren't higher? Are you tall? I'm tall & my back always hurts when sitting at any sort of desk or table for too long - although I could forgive the pain if I came away with something like this.

I have borrowed a pic of one of your gorgeous embroidered cushions & linked back to you - I hope you don't mind!

http://punkysmamma.blogspot.com/2011/04/swapalooza.html

I've just found your blog - your work is absolutely stunning!

nickynackynoo said...

This is brilliant - I love the whole feel of it. I now have that song in my head (takes me back!) so will be humming away while I paint the front of the house this afternoon!

Heather said...

Hehe, love the box set-up. I've been employing that technique and awful lot lately, too ;)

This guy...he eez very cool, no? With heez scarf and heez cigarette? I'm loving all this new stuff!

Annabelle said...

Thanks very much my dearies!

Vic - Oh hello! :) Of course I don't mind you posting a pic of mine on your blog!
I am tall too. We could do with tables and desk with adjustable height couldn't we?? Hmm... I might look into it.

Nicky - You know the song?? I still have it in my head :)

Heather - And no more shaky shots...
He is a bit hey? A right geezer ;)

nickynackynoo said...

I know the song and have been singing it all weekend. My best friend during those formative years was half French and would come back after the holidays in Paris with new and wonderful French tunes. What I *can't* believe is that I remember the words more than 20 years on.....!

Annabelle said...

Oh fantastic, I didn't expect anyone other than French people to know it! Your friend did good :) (although how did she manage to find 'wonderful French tunes' :P).
I still remember the words too, in fact it keep popping back into my head... x