03 September 2011

Crochet effort & Renault 4 Quatrelles...

If you are anything like me, you will know all about those projects that seem to stay forever in progress. Most annoying... Especially as by the time I finish them, I have often changed my mind/don't like anymore/lost interest and moved onto something else.

A few weeks back however, I went back to Brittany to spend a few relaxing days with my Mum and Dad. Perfect time to pick up my crochet hook & this little cushion, and finally finish it.

Crocheted cushion...

Crocheted cushion...

Crocheted cushion...

It's a bit rough around the edges (using different types of yarn probably didn't help), but I was pretty pleased with my first effort. Epic!
Although I find the colours a little bright now (see, I left it too long to finish :), it goes well with this little pillow case I found thrifting whilst I was over there.

On the same day, we went for a little walk and came across this beauty!

Quatrelle

Glorious, isn't she? How I remember bouncing on the hard and squeaky back seat of my grandparent's, whizzing around the country lanes. I got chatting with the owner who, to my delight, was more than happy to tell me all about it :)

So... It was only a matter of time before I made a Renault 4 Quatrelle version of my 2CV hoop :)

Renault 4 Quatrelle...
(Now on my little shop's shelves)

Thank you so much for all you lovely comments about my glossy features (I missed one too in CrossStitcher magazine. How lucky was I? Three in a month!), I am really touched...

Mwaaah to you all!

Annabelle x

6 comments:

Margie said...

Aaah, Annabelle, love the pillows and truly get the taking forever to complete thing. I have a crewel project sitting collecting dust as I write. ):
However, my favorite things are your stitched art in the hoops. This one on that cute fabric makes me swoon! I have to visit your shop soon and get a couple of these sweet things. XO

Taylor Made said...

That stitch work is adorable...very clever to transform your ideas on canvas in that way.

Helena K said...

Absolutely love the cushions

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

Love the colors in your little pillow! I am the same way about my projects. Lately I have been willing myself to finish each and everyone before I start a new one.

Annabelle said...

Thanks lovelies!
Amanda, I keep telling myself the same thing, but there's always the odd pesky one I just can't seem to get back to. Be strong! ;)

Joy said...

Your creations are so fun, light and fancy free. I really like them. Love how you translated your inspiration from the car...