06 September 2011

Happy rain commission

Commission work...

One of the things I enjoy the most is making commission work. It gets me all nervous and excited at the same time. So far I have been given fairly loose briefs and left to run with it. Amazing! How do these people trust me with their budget?! Oh the pressure... I would be devastated if they hated it.

So, after a lot of hmm'ing and ha'ing I came up with this canvas. The brief: have the words "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain" and for it not to be too girly as it was a wedding present.

Commission back...

A little detail on the back with their wedding date.

15 comments:

andrea creates said...

it looks great-and i love the quote :)

Ulla V. said...

What a beautiful present to get. Perfect for two people who are going to live in the storms and rainy days a marriage sometimes gives. :)

I would also have trusted you with my budget any day... :)

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

Love it! Seeing your other work I think it's easy to trust your judgement - everything always comes out so wonderful.

Traci said...

This is beautiful! I would love to commission an art piece some day!

Margie said...

Lovely Annabelle!

Kristy said...

One of my favourite sayings is 'Enjoy dancing in the rain' I love this you clever lady!

Taylor Made said...

What a great wedding gift to give. Great job.

Trisha Brink Design said...

Oh my goodness...I had no idea that you did special orders?! Where have I been??? I would've LOVED to get something like this for my wedding day! You are so gifted Annabelle...how could they ever NOT trust you!
So pretty & sweet, thanks for sharing.
:)
T.
xx

Crafted by Carly said...

Hi Annabelle,
I just discovered your blog - and what a treat it is!!! Your makes are just GORGEOUS!!! I especially love this one - what an amazing wedding gift! You are clearly a VERY clever and talented lady!
I'll be back again soon.....
Enjoy the weekend!
Carly
x

Cyriaque_L said...

Quel plaisir, grâce à Etsy, de découvrir ce blog ! Un aspect de la broderie que je ne connaissais pas...et puis un côté so British que j'adore mais avec une belle French Touch. Un travail Magnifique !

Kim Hambric said...

This is wonderful! I'm sure the newlyweds will treasure this piece forever.

John Green said...

What beautiful art work, and a beautiful quote... I also love the rain.

Tra Wright Knox said...

You are doing so great!! Always great to see what you are up to!

The Patchwork Heart said...

Beautiful they will love it!
Heather x

thejadeleaf said...

Amazing. It is just beautiful. You are seriously talented xx