08 February 2012

Progress...

Back from our little jolly in the Alps.

We had loooooads of fresh snow... You just can't help but giggle going down the slopes in all that powder, priceless. I don't think I've ever been quite this cold before (-20˚C with wind chill apparently) but 'twaz flippin' brilliant. Oh actually there was one duff note, I got food poisoning on the last night. Can you believe it, just before traveling aaaaaah... thankfully I made it home in one piece phew!

Bon, c'est pas tout mais I think it's time to put the kit back up in the loft for another year (snif), and for me to show you what I've been up to the last few months.

There's been quite a few things but this is what I've been the most excited about. At times I have been frustrated by size restrictions, and the time I can spend on a hoop so it doesn't become ridiculously expensive. So I've been playing on canvas mixing embroidery and acrylic.

Meet Betty & Nora. My two lovely grannies and their little companions...

Betty & Nora

Queenie, my peachy little Scandi hen...

Queenie

and finally, Bleuet...

Bleuet

There is quite a lot of detailing which is hard to capture on photo but this one helps a little...

Betty & Nora close up
Back of Bleuet

(I also really like the back of them.)

I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed making these. There will definitely be more to come, combined with layering too. The possibilities are endless. Good stuff! :)

I decided to get some art prints done to make this type of work more accessible (all stacked up on the shelves over here).

That being said, I still love making my little hoops and have made a few new ones, and a few custom made ones, which I shall show you next time so I don't overload you with tons of photos. We wouldn't want that, oh no.

So it's ta ta for now my friends!
(Won't be for long 'cos I've got loads more after my teetotal blogging period.)

Annabelle x

5 comments:

Fiddly Fingers said...

The Grannies and Queenie are my favourites. Such a simple idea, yet such intricate detail. I love them. Looking forward to seeing more xx

mary @ figwittage said...

I love these! I plan on buying things from you throughout the year (it's my resolution to buy from locals or independent shops/people.) I lOVE my makeup bag that you made, it's one of my favourite things that I own! Can't remember how long I've had it... xx

beka {ginger*urchin} said...

"...At times I have been frustrated by size restrictions, and the time I can spend on a hoop so it doesn't become ridiculously expensive..." I love that you said this. This really hits the nail on the head when it comes to handmade things.

These are beautiful, as is all your work, though I especially love the grannies with their crochet corner. I love the texture and colours you get with these bitty, natural canvas pieces. So calm. If you know what I mean?

I found you via your piece in 'Artful Blogging' and have been lurking since - until today that is ;)

Crafted by Carly said...

Hi Annabelle,
Your trip sounds like lots of fun!!! I'm a bit of a chicken when it comes to skiing, but I LOVE ski holidays - the snow and the prettiness, tobogganing, hot chocolate, and the apres-ski!!!
Love the makes!!!
Carly
x

Margie said...

Aah, fab, fab, fab Annabelle!!! Welcome back!